Facts to help you decide if we are the right lawyers for your matter:
- Valle Makoff handles all types of business and commercial litigation, including contract and business torts, intellectual property (copyright, trademark, patent and trade secrets), entertainment and media, business control, trust, estate and marital property disputes, antitrust, real estate litigation, and employment and bankruptcy disputes.
- Jeffrey Valle and Jeffrey Makoff, Valle Makoff partners Susan L. Klein, Katherine Pratt Balatbat, David S. Shukan and bankruptcy “of counsel” Peter Clapp practiced at the leading international firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom. At Valle Makoff, your matter will be handled with the skill and creativity offered by larger firms at a lower total cost.
- Jeffrey Valle was a senior partner at Skadden, Arps and was co-chair of its West Coast entertainment and intellectual property group. He has represented Fortune 500 companies, media companies, and smaller businesses and individuals in a wide range of business disputes, and is experienced in jury and bench trials, arbitrations and class actions.
- Jeffrey Makoff trained at Skadden, Arps under legendary trial attorney Frank Rothman and other nationally-recognized trial attorneys. For the past 25 years, Mr. Makoff has handled business cases and advisory engagements throughout California. Mr. Makoff is an experienced first-chair trial lawyer with extensive jury, bench and appellate experience.
- Before joining Valle Makoff in 2010, David Shukan was an intellectual property partner at Kirkland & Ellis. Mr. Shukan has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of matters, including complex high-tech Internet and healthcare patent cases, copyright and idea-submission cases, production disputes and negotiations in the media industries.
- Valle Makoff brings high technical skill, extensive experience and a strategic focus to bear on all matters. We are not just “paper” lawyers – Valle Makoff tries cases each year before juries, judges and arbitrators.
- Valle Makoff works with clients to develop fee structures that address the client's business needs – while delivering first tier legal representation.
Contact us for further information.